By: Megan O’Connell, Alumna of University of Wisconsin-Platteville
Planning a fabulous and spooky Halloween party for all the girls on your floor? Attending a Halloween party off campus? No matter the occasion, it’s always fun to whip up some spooky and healthy snacks and cocktails for the Halloween season! Mix it up this year and bring something healthy but delicious to whatever Halloween party you may be planning or attending this year!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds: A classic fall snack! Save the seeds when you are carving pumpkins!
Pumpkin seeds from one pumpkin
1 tbsp. melted butter
1 tbsp. sugar/cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Thoroughly wash your pumpkin seeds.
2) Spread your pumpkin seeds out on a large baking sheet. Drizzle the melted butter over top of the pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle on sugar/cinnamon.
3) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir seeds around. Bake for another 8 minutes.
Pumpkin Cheese Tray
2 blocks of cheese, sliced
1 jar of black olives
1 package of crackers
1) Arrange your slices of cheese on a large round platter to form the shape of a pumpkin!
2) Place the black olives on the cheese tray to form the face of your jack-o-lantern!
3) Use broccoli for the stem if you have some!
4) Serve with crackers.
Mandarin Orange Pumpkins: So simple, cute, delicious and healthy!
10 or more plastic containers of mandarin oranges
Black Sharpie marker
1) Using the Sharpie marker, draw jack-o-lantern faces on top of the plastic container of mandarin oranges!
Recipe from: The Chef in my Head
Bloody Cocktail: A fruity cocktail that features a plastic syringe filled with blood!
1 cup sprite
1 shot any flavor clear vodka
Plastic syringe full of grenadine
1) Combine sprite and vodka in a glass and stir.
2) Fill a plastic syringe with grenadine and garnish your drink using this as your stir stick!
Recipe from: Pinterest.com
Witch’s Brew: A fruity cocktail with spooky Halloween colors!
¼ cup pineapple juice
¼ cup cranberry juice
1 shot Malibu Rum
1) Combine all ingredients in a glass and stir.
Recipe from: HGTV.com
Apple Cider Cocktail: A twist on your classic hard cider!
1 bottle Angry Orchard Hard Cider
½ cup Sparkling Apple juice
1) Combine ingredients in a glass and stir! Garnish with an apple slice!