With over 50,000 iPhone applications (half of them being free) it’s hard to know which ones are actually worth trying out. Unfortunately, there’s not an app for that. But after many hours spent downloading apps and playing with my iPhone, I’ve put together my top five free iPhone applications.
1. For the party animal, Beerpong(Beiruit) is the perfect app to soberly and electronically perfect you skills. Keep track of your personal drunk meter as you try to beat the current Beer Pong champ and compete for the fastest time!
2. Style.com is a crucial app for any fashionista. You’ll receive coverage from all the major fashion shows complete with videos and front row comments, access to the style file blog, and so much more.
3. Action Bowling Free is not only one of the best free apps, but it’s also the best bowling app on iTunes. You’ll have to visit the iTunes store for yourself to learn about its amazing features. Warning: You will get addicted.
4. Urbanspoon is an essential app for the hungry traveler. Just give your iPhone a shake and the app will select a nearby restaurant. Or tell the app where you want to eat based on neighborhood, type of cuisine and price. Complete with GPS and ratings from newspapers and customers.
5. Guitar Rock Tour 2 is just like the popular video game. Choose between 18 famous rock hits, and tap along with the beat to become the ultimate “guitar hero.” Sick of the guitar? Then try your luck at drums!
— By Lauren Tousignant, Syracuse University