Trend Report: Beauty Travelers You Can’t Live Without
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, travel is on everyone’s minds. As thousands of students head home for the holiday, many UChic fashionistas (yes-that’s you!) will be braving hectic airports, crowded train terminals, and buses that reek of stale Fritos and dirty feet.
If you want to look AND smell good while you’re on the road or in the air, you might want to hit the mall and pick up these five must-have beauty essentials for your travel survival kit.
1. Sephora Slim Pink Atomizer ($10) – Although every girl wants to smell good while sitting next to a cute stranger on the flight home, the frustration that comes with finding a perfect scent in a bottle small enough to get through security (and won’t break in the process) can sometimes make the situation seem futile. Luckily, an atomizer makes it possible to take your favorite fragrance with you wherever you go. And for only $10, it’s cheaper than buying a separate travel size bottle anyway!
2. Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets ($5.49) – Running around the airport can be stressful — especially if you’re trying to catch a last-minute flight. If you’re feeling the pressure (and looking it with greasy skin), these sheets might be the perfect addition to your makeup bag. They help eliminate shine, won’t smudge or remove makeup, and they come in a small package that easily fits into the tiniest carry-on bag.
3. The All Nighter Hair Powder ($18) – This is a must if you’ll be traveling overnight, or if your flight is cancelled and you’re stuck in the airport. Made with natural products, this powder helps to absorb oil and get you through the day without constantly cursing your hair. Although it might seem a bit pricey for such a small bottle, trust me, it’s worth it. Also, it can be used as a styling-product to add volume and comes in three different shades in order to blend in easily with your natural hair color.
4. C.O. Bigelow Mentha Cinnamon Lip Shine ($7.50) – Obviously, lip gloss is always a must. However, during travel, the stakes of this beauty basic change. This lip shine is up to the challenge though, as it helps to keep lips moisturized in the most drying situations (i.e. airplanes). Plus, this cinnamon and peppermint-infused balm stays glossy for hours- perfect for a long flight.
5. mark Get A Tint Tinted Moisturizer Lotion SPF 15 ($8) – Although looking her best is on almost every girl’s to-do list, piling on heavy foundation for a flight seems excessive. A natural look is ideal, so keep it light when traveling. Instead of using a heavy foundation, use this tinted moisturizer. It works to keep your skin healthy while still providing basic coverage to even out skin tone. Not only is it oil-free, but it also helps reduce shine in prone areas. Plus, the SPF will help keep your skin safe from UV rays that aren’t as noticeable during fall weather.
— By Kristy Shaulis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Head on over to 1,000 Dreams Fund to learn how to get funding for your dreams!