Think you've got what it takes to be a pop superstar, but don't feel like standing in line to get a chance to audition for Simon Cowell?
Well, then maybe the Total Pop Star contest is for you. Created by Universal Music Composer/Producer Andrew Van Slee, it is the largest on-line singing competition in the world, and open to anyone and everyone with a passion for singing and all things music! The winner gets a record contract and prizes worth over $150,000.
Celebrity judges for the competition are former teen idols Deborah Gibson and Joey Lawrence. (Hopefully they won't be as mean as Simon or spacey as Paula Abdul).
- Contestants must be 13 years of age or older and may register from anywhere in the world by creating a profile and uploading a singing video to the TOTAL POP STAR site.
- A Contestant's fate is based on how well they can market themselves as each Contestant must earn 1,000 votes to become a Finalist.
- The six finalists with the highest number of Internet and text votes will be named the TOP 6.
- The TOP 6 will fly into Hollywood, CA for a week-long studio recording adventure and reality show.
- Working closely with the judges, the TOP 6 will prepare for their final performance. Each of the TOP 6 will also prepare a hit single – written by the celebrity judges- that they will perform if named the winner of TOTAL POP STAR.
- Final performances will be streamed to the TOTAL POP STAR site where on-line fans will vote for their favorite.
The competition begins November 12th and one lucky winner will be named the next TOTAL POP STAR on January 27, 2008. For official rules and requirements visit www.totalpopstar.com. Good luck!